Sep 1, 2014

INspiration #13

Ever cried when you gave in to that craving for doughnuts? Well, that is okay! Crying only makes that donuts that much worse so why do it? I cry when I take an alternate route and get a healthy doughnut (they exist) and realize that it is vile and lacks the amazing taste and satisfaction that lard-encased-goodness gave me. Also when I don't get that satisfaction that doughnut gives me, I eat ten more healthy doughnut. It's okay, they are healthy right? WRONG. I just stuffed the equivalent of 2 unhealthy donuts in my face for the sake of eating healthier.




 I realize when I eat healthier in my daily life and engage more in exercise I feel that the one doughnut was more than enough. Most of the time now (course I am pregnant and food in general is repelling) I don't even want to eat unhealthy food. Donuts do not sound as good as strawberries and raspberries. If you are starting to not crave junk foods than you are on the right track. Also, unhealthy foods with a lot of salt, over extensive saturated fats and that are way abundant in carbohydrates are easy to skip when you realize your body wants something else, maybe something.....what is that feeling...something healthy?  Oh celery, I am getting some celery.



Honestly, cravings happen and sometimes it is okay to give in. If you keep on your workout routine and eat healthy the rest of the time, those little things that you truly enjoy are okay to give into. (Just to remind you, don't eat the whole chocolate cake. A cupcake or a sliver of the chocolate cake usually take the edge of cravings.) Also, your body will start realizing where it can get its nutrients that it really is desiring from the healthy foods you are consuming in your healthy, daily life.

So here in my inspiration from one of my personal heroes in the fitness world Chris Powell, "Everyone falls off the band wagon, it is those that get back up, brush off the dust and get back on who get where they need to go."

No comments: