Mar 6, 2012

Loosing weight with kids

So your kids are running around your feet. They take up so much of your time! You can't find a baby sitter to watch your little hellions. You get discouraged and think there is no way you can loose weight with all this stress.



As a matter of fact you can loose that baby weight while using your baby as your equipment! I use my little boy as a weight all the time. He is 25 pounds and is only getting heavier. I use him as a bar when I do bench presses. I just lay on the ground and get a good grip on him and press him. He loves it and I get a sweat. Do a catch and throw drill by picking up your kids and tossing them into the air and catching them again! It is just like a medicine ball and the kid will be laughing like nuts!

Your kids can be your running partner. Kids love to run. Play tag, hid and seek, catch and soccer. Get creative and have a good time with your kids while you get your workout! You don't need to be graceful to run. Trust me, I am a klutz but am able to have a good time doing the things I listed.

Did you know that kids can eat relatively anything an adult can when they are one? Why not do healthy food and snacks? I make sure to keep my boy's plate full of vegetables. There are some he does not like and will not eat. I just do not serve him that food. Logan loves peas, carrots, and frozen sweet potato fries. They are super easy to make and my boy just loves them. It is not very diverse but he get's the nutrients he needs. With children, 1 tablespoon per year of age=one serving of vegetables.

Did you know you can make vegetables fun? I am not saying that you sort them in to the shape of a face (however that is something fun you can do if it works). Make specific vegetables a special treat! My mom use to give us artichokes as a very special treat. We would get together with our own artichokes and dip them in butter. It was such a special and simple thing. Another example is blue berry pancakes. Make them fresh and the kids will go crazy for the nutrient packed goodness!

Recipe at (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2855/artichokes-with-parmesan-butter-sauce)
They love outside however kids are more attracted to the TV. But what are you doing while you are telling your kids to go outside and play? Are you watching TV? are you on the computer? (If you are anything like me then you are). Go outside and run around the yard or run around a park. If they kids refuse to go outside, just go outside in the yard. Especially at a young age this is extremely influential to your kids. They will see you outside and enjoying it and they will want to as well. If they are so stubborn and will not play outside and just want to be inside. Get rid of those inside distractions. Computer, hand councils, tv and any other distraction need to go.

MOST IMPORTANTLY you have to be an example to your kids. They will do what you do as young children. Be good examples for the kids while they are still mold-able. It will help you loose weight and keep your family healthy. IT IS A WIN WIN SITUATION!

Parenting magazine March, 2012

No comments: