Mar 24, 2012

Skin and Exercise

Did you know sweating clears out your pores? Wait....your pores are for something other than looking good and being home of nasty sweats?! The answer is yes! Exercising is like giving yourself a epsom salt bath. Your sweat is electrolights and water filled with all kinds of goodies for rejuvenate and cleaning your skin.

I personally notice a HUGE difference in my skin when I exercise as compared to my lazy times (and yes, I do have lazy times...they last a few months and then I go crazy for having a butt print in my couch). After playing football and basketball my skin is clear and soft (except where my chin guard rubs).

Here is the trick, workout hard and sweat a lot. Right after the workout go shower! Use moisturizing soap (especially in dry climates like ours in Utah) and love your new skin!

Another great thing for your skin is to get some sun! Just some, not a lot (as my legs and arms are lobster red). Get in your swim suit and go outside for about ten minutes with light sun screen. Go back inside or cover up more and go back outside after your ten minutes. Your body will thank you for the extra vitamin D from the sun.